Five more detained in assault case involving schoolboys

 

KUALA LUMPUR, April 14 — Police detained five more suspects yesterday to facilitate investigations into last week’s assault case in which two secondary schoolboys were beaten up by a group of students in Jalan Wangsa Siaga here.

Wangsa Maju police chief Supt Mohd Roy Suhaimi Shariff said the arrest of the five suspects, aged between 15 and 17, brought the total number of those detained to 27, so far.

“However, 16 of the suspects have been released on police bail after their statements were taken,” he told reporters after attending a community policing programme at the Tasputra Perkim Care Centre for Autistic Children here today.

In the 2pm incident on Thursday, both victims were on motorcycles heading home from their school when they encountered the group of students.

The group suddenly chased and attacked the two students using sticks, helmets and iron rods.

The victims, who suffered head injuries, were taken to the Ampang Hospital. — Bernama

Source: Malay Mail