TAPAH : Forty-three students and a teacher from a boarding school here were rushed to hospital after they came down with food poisoning yesterday.
All of them had bouts of diarrhoea and vomiting after they consumed roti jala and chicken curry for supper at the SM Sains Tapah (Sesta) dining hall the night before.
State Health Committee chairman Datuk Mah Hang Soon said 33 of the students were admitted to Tapah Hospital while the rest were discharged yesterday.
He said a Health Department team had inspected and taken samples from the dining hall and the food operator had been asked to cease operations for two weeks.
“The school will get the service from a catering company to supply food for the students for the time being,” he said after visiting the victims at Tapah Hospital here today.
He said the school had a similar case in 2013 where the dining hall food operator had his contract terminated.
Source: New Straits Times