KUALA LUMPUR, March 29 — The Education Ministry must take stern action against the suspects in the tongue-cutting case involving a Year Two pupil last week, to ensure that such an incident will not recur.
Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Rohani Abdul Karim said the pupil, who was allegedly forced to cut his own tongue, was indeed a victim of extreme bullying.
“I call on the (education) ministry to look at the case seriously as it is indeed extreme and had caused physical injury to the victim…they have to ensure that the incident will not recur,” she told a press conference today.
Last Thursday, eight-year-old Muhammad Alif Shukran Alias claimed to have been forced to cut his own tongue by a group of five Year Three pupils from the same school, and received a stitch as a result of the incident.
Rohani said her ministry was also prepared to provide support service to the victim and his family, if necessary.
“Among the assistance that we can give are counselling and financial aid to seek medical treatment and other relevant expenses,” she said.
Rohani was met after opening the 2nd National Population and Family Development Board’s MamaCare Graduation Ceremony here.
A total of 251 trainees graduated from the post-natal care training programme (MamaCare) for 2015. — Bernama
Source: Malay Mail